Secret Society of BS Artists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any curling fans out there?

3 posters

Go down

any curling fans out there? Empty any curling fans out there?

Post  dean_martin Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 am

haven't seen an Olympic curling event yet. I read that one of the athletes is 5 1/2 months pregnant.

can't explain it, but I actually want to see curling and figure skating too - figure skating commentators are the most critical in sports. It's hilarious hearing them gasp out loud. Frankly though, once every 4 years satisfies my curling craving.
dean_martin
dean_martin

Back to top Go down

any curling fans out there? Empty Re: any curling fans out there?

Post  ForeverAutumn Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 am

I'm a fan of playing the game. Hubby and I curl in a league on Sunday nights. It's just a fun non-competitive league.

I'm not a huge fan of watching the game on TV. I like to watch a couple of ends but then I get bored. We've been to one live Curling event and that was fun. It's always more fun to watch a sport live than on TV. I'm always amazed, however, when I watch curling at this level, how accurate the shots are. Its much more difficult than it looks folks!

As for the pregnant curler, as long as her belly doesn't get in the way of her throwing the rock there is no reason why she can't curl. Although, personally, I'd be concerned about falling on the ice. It's rare, but accidents happen.
ForeverAutumn
ForeverAutumn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich-n-Texas Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Oh! An Olympics thread. I didn't even know one was started. Not really a Curling fan. I'm hoping I haven't missed any of the women's downhill competition. Unfortunately while I was watching the ABC network news tonite I found out who won the gold, but nevertheless I love watching skiers haul ass at like 90 mph down a hill. Sure wish I had taken up skiing when I was a kid.

Right now they've got that rediculous snowboarding competition going on. Sleep
Rich-n-Texas
Rich-n-Texas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dean_martin Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 pm

ForeverAutumn wrote:I'm a fan of playing the game. Hubby and I curl in a league on Sunday nights. It's just a fun non-competitive league.

I'm not a huge fan of watching the game on TV. I like to watch a couple of ends but then I get bored. We've been to one live Curling event and that was fun. It's always more fun to watch a sport live than on TV. I'm always amazed, however, when I watch curling at this level, how accurate the shots are. Its much more difficult than it looks folks!

As for the pregnant curler, as long as her belly doesn't get in the way of her throwing the rock there is no reason why she can't curl. Although, personally, I'd be concerned about falling on the ice. It's rare, but accidents happen.

Ok, I replied to this once, then Rich posted before I finished and I gotta message that messed me up.

FA, I suspected you were knowledgable about curling, but I would've never guessed you're in a league! I hope to learn something about the game this time around, e.g., scoring, terminology, rules, etc.
dean_martin
dean_martin

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverAutumn Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:10 pm

We took up curling about six or seven years ago. It was just a fun social thing that Peter and I could do together. My brother and his wife were in a league and they kept asking us to join. Eventually we agreed. It gets me off my ass and doing something active at least once a week. So what if the evening always ends in the bar...that's the best part of the game IMO. Smile

If you have any questions about rules or even strategy, just ask.
ForeverAutumn
ForeverAutumn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverAutumn Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Rich-n-Texas wrote:Oh! An Olympics thread. I didn't even know one was started. Not really a Curling fan. I'm hoping I haven't missed any of the women's downhill competition. Unfortunately while I was watching the ABC network news tonite I found out who won the gold, but nevertheless I love watching skiers haul ass at like 90 mph down a hill. Sure wish I had taken up skiing when I was a kid.

Downhill skiing is soooooo much fun! I used to love skiiing. I had to give it up when my knees gave out...as happens to many skiers when they get older. It was the only redeeming thing about winter. Now that I don't ski anymore, I have absolutely no use for snow. Mad

Rich-n-Texas wrote:Right now they've got that rediculous snowboarding competition going on. Sleep

I thought you'd like snowboarding Rich. It has some of the prettiest girls in the games IMO.
ForeverAutumn
ForeverAutumn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich-n-Texas Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm

They don't hold a candle to Lindsey Vonn FA. I love you

Tonites skiing was a crash fest! affraid Doesn't look like there were any serious injuries, but man! Some serious shit going on there.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

U...S...A cheers U...S...A cheers
Rich-n-Texas
Rich-n-Texas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich-n-Texas Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 pm

How 'bout that USA hockey team eh??? Very Happy

Where's Aunt Esther? Twisted Evil
Rich-n-Texas
Rich-n-Texas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverAutumn Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Rich-n-Texas wrote:How 'bout that USA hockey team eh??? Very Happy

Where's Aunt Esther? Twisted Evil

Yeah, it was a disappointing game from my standpoint. But not the armageddon that the media and the Americans are making it out to be. It was one game. We lost. But we're not out. Don't count Canada out of a hockey medal just yet.

We're still positioned for medals in Women's hockey and both men's and women's curling too. In fact our men's curling is, so far, undefeated. That may not mean anything to you southern boys, but here it's huge! Smile
ForeverAutumn
ForeverAutumn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich-n-Texas Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Well, congrats to the Canadian women's hockey team. Cigars, Champaign and all! Embarassed

But tomorrow, it's USA vs Canada for the men's GOLD! What a difference, or not, a week makes eh? cheers
Rich-n-Texas
Rich-n-Texas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich-n-Texas Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 pm

RATZ!!! Evil or Very Mad
Rich-n-Texas
Rich-n-Texas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverAutumn Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:08 am

Rich-n-Texas wrote:How 'bout that USA hockey team eh??? Very Happy

Yeah? What about 'em?

Twisted Evil
ForeverAutumn
ForeverAutumn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum